Sunday, 10 June 2007

Watch out Oprah...here I come!

The web is providing so many platforms for people now it is really difficult to keep up. Can you believe there is a website that actually enables your to set up your own talk show? Check out Talk shoe. You can browse a wide variety of topics.
It really begs the question.. how long does TV have in its current form? In so many ways the web is giving consumers the visual choice (in excess sure), in pretty much the same way that the IPOD changed the way we see music. Has the revolution begun? Need more proof… see Joost
Sadly we will be a little slower here in SA as we still have the small issue of broadband. BUT once that is sorted, all we will need is a connection and we can watch what we want through out TV sets (via our computers)! Whoohooo..bring it on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Besides the broadband issue we also need the iTunes Store to become available in South Africa as well. With the help of Apple TV device we can also watch all the stuff from our computers on our big screen TVs and that includes YouTube. Hopefully it won't be too long before we reach that state.

Candice said...

I have been waiting for Itunes since 2004 when I got my IPOD in the States. I was told Dec 05 it will be available to SA.......Somehow I DO NOT THINK we are a priority! I agree I hope that changes!