Friday, 22 February 2008

COLLECTIONS OF THINGS TO LOVE IN SA




I have to admit I seem to have become a bit of a political analyst! One subject I love besides family and business is politics! So I have re-read [is there such a word?] a few of my recent posts and I thought it would be cool to make a list of what I love about my country. So here goes:

CANDICE & friends COLLECTION OF SA LOVES… [in no order]

The PEOPLE [nowhere in the world have I met people like the S Africans].
The WEATHER [including the late afternoon summer storms]
The FOOD [BRAAIS, BILTONG, WILSONS TOFFEE’S & CHAPPIES]
The SMILES
Our FLAG
Our vast PRECIOUS METALS
The WINE & BEER
Our HUMOUR
The VUVUZELA
Our OPTIMISM [ok, ok, maybe not at the moment but generally]
Our CULTURES and COLOURS [Ndebele colours and patterns]
Our TRADITIONAL DANCE
Our EDUCATION
The fact that we have 11 different LANGUAGES [ok official ones]
The fact you can buy almost anything whilst sitting at a robot
The OPEN SPACES
The ANIMALS
The OCEAN
Our MUSIC
Our SERVICE [not great but fab compared to many places overseas]
The current RUGBY WORLD CHAMPIONS [ama bokka bokka]
The ARTS and CRAFTS
The FLORA and FAUNA
TABLE MOUNTAIN
JOZI Sky line
HUMAN RIGHTS & FREEDOM DAY
Many PUBLIC HOLLIES
The best BEACHES

Last but not least ……WE HAVE MADIBA!

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THE LIST!!

No comments: