Wednesday, 03 October 2007

'arry Potter the last outpost?

I think we need another Harry Potter series! Its the first time since my teens [and Nancy Drew or Famous Five] that I have even heard kids [and some adults] taking about reading.....[not to mention queuing for books!]
The problem with reading in the world we now live in is time and the other choices people now have. Who has time... there are so many other ways to spend your time, if you are a teen or tween... TV, mobiles [MXIT], Facebook and XBOX/Playstation to name a few... Why read!? Its sad really.
Reading in my view really does work a different place in your brain. I hope that some other brilliant author comes along and gets kids reading again, it would be really regrettable if Harry Potter becomes the last outpost for reading worldwide....

No comments: